Monday, May 2, 2011

Annoyed...

So its been over 2 weeks since my endoscopy and the results that were supposed to take "2 to 3 days" have still not arrived. I called the doctor and got the run around... "oh we've been SO busy". Whatever. So, I let it slide this week and if I don't hear by next week I'm going to flip my lid. Meanwhile, I get the bill and about choked to death. The doctor only charged $625. I can deal with that. Then the hospital bill came and it was close to $4,000. SERIOUSLY? Are you freaking kidding me? A procedure that took 20 minutes cost this much. I spent more time asleep from the stupid meds so I guess I'm being charged for sleeping in the hospital. Ha ha! What a joke. My insurance had better pay up or I'm going to go ballistic.

Meanwhile, my sister has been strangely having the same problems as I have been, only worse. Her blood tested positive for H. Pylori Thursday and she is now starting the horrible antibiotic regimen for two weeks. She has to take them 4 times a day and its making her sick, sick, sick. My blood test was negative but they tested for it again through the biopsy I'm waiting on.

I have been doing better with my meds and sticking to my diet. I passed Easter candy up and everything which was a MAJOR accomplishment. I'm a sucker for those Hershey's had candy coated eggs. Oh yum. I actually don't miss chocolate like I thought I would except in ways like hot chocolate, or a chocolate malt. Ahhhhhhhh. I certainly don't miss caffeine and actually don't miss carbonation either. Now I'm hooked on Vitamin water. Ha ha... go figure.

Now if I could just get rid of this nasty cold. It hit me like a train on Easter. I've not had a cold in over 1.5 years and I think its making up for lost time. Part of this weird flu we've had is a sore neck. Shaun and I both got it. It feels like a pinched nerve and the pain radiates up into my skull. Horribly painful, and strange. It makes me nauseous. His neck hurt for 4 days... I'm hoping mine will be nice and go away tomorrow. Working will NOT be fun with a sore neck.

Here's hoping May brings better health! I'm sick of being sick! I'm not good at it... I'm a wuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment