Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mentally Exhausted

Things have been so mentally draining lately.  I feel like I just can't relax anymore.  Everyone here is always in a hurry it drives me mad.  I can feel it having an effect on me physically and mentally.  I'm just mentally exhausted. 

I'm still taking care of my parents but things are progressing to where I do more now besides drive them to doctors.  I am now taking over laundry and cleaning. My brother has taken over finances.  My dad has aged a lot this last year.  It's difficult for him to do even simple things like getting dressed now.  I got him some new clothes and had him put them on and it was like he'd forgotten how to change his clothes.  He kept trying to take his pants off without taking his shoes off first.  He would get frustrated.  It's hard to watch him decline mentally and at the same time I feel like it's draining me mentally.  My mom is still doing ok, but she forgets things a lot too and we have the same conversations over and over like they are new each time.  Ha!  I'm so glad I'm a patient person.  It makes me sad to think some people are mean to aging parents. 

My little dog Cookie went diabetic a couple months ago.  My life has now become very scheduled.  Dogs with diabetes are just like people.  Shots at certain times, food at certain times.... same times every day on the dot.  I've been having to give her shots twice a day.  She was doing really well for a long time until today when she decided not to eat.  Kinda hard to explain to a dog that they need to eat their food or they may go into a diabetic coma.  Doesn't quite work like that.  Ha!  I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.  It is very stressful worrying about it.  I think people with diabetes would me much easier to deal with because at least you can explain it and they understand it. 

It's been over 2 years since we moved from the farm but is seems like an eternity.  I still long to go back.  I long for the peace and seclusion.  I long to sit in my hammock and hear nothing but the wind in the pines and the hum of a tractor.  I crave it like a drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment