Monday, January 19, 2009
So it begins....
Well, I guess I might as well join the crowd and start up this blog. Most of my friends/family have one in one place or another. Normally I'm not a person who joins the crowd just because everyone else is doing it... I remember my mother asking me if I would jump off a bridge if everyone was doing it, and obviously I wouldn't. I'm sure many have heard that from their own mothers. LOL. But, there are some people who want to follow what's going on in my boring little life so I will "try" to entertain them. That may be hard since it's often difficult to entertain myself, especially in the winter. We hate winter here in Iowa. Not only is it downright boring but it's horribly cold and icy. We just had a cold snap that was not pretty. It was -22 air temperature and -48 with wind chill. That's right folks... 48 BELOW zero. That should be illegal or something. Give mother nature a ticket! It's so cold that you can throw a pan of hot water out the door and it crystalizes. It's so cold that if you sniff your nose, your nostrils stick together. It's so cold that if your eyes water, your tears freeze to your face. Sucks. So, chances are this blog will start to fill up with my senseless ramblings about how bored and cold we are. The cold hard truth is that somedays the most excitement I get is to drive to Walmart and observe the goofy people that shop there, and then get chased by the dogs one farm down from us. Wow, that's really sad. LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! I love it when people have blogs! Don't worry about it being boring. I can't believe how COLD it is. I LOVED how you wrote what happens (like nose sticking together if you sniff, ha ha that's funny!). I added you on my blog list, hope that's OK.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is freakin' COLD! Dave thinks that you guys are probably watching a lot of movies since you have to spend so much time in the house. Isn't -48 cold enough to freeze the gas in your car? I'm glad that you have a blog and I'm going to put you on my blogger list too. Hee hee.
ReplyDeleteYep, we've been watching lots of movies. Our car that was outside wouldn't start one of the mornings and schools were closed because many of the buses fuel lines froze up. Our landlord put all his tractors inside a heated garage to prevent his lines from freezing. I think diesel fuel freezes easier... that's what I've heard anyhow. Today it was in the 20's... felt so nice!
ReplyDeleteHa Ha! 20's! *shiver*
ReplyDelete