Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Cure for Hiccups

I've come to announce that I have found the cure for hiccups........ for my dogs. LOL. I really have though. My dogs seem to get the hiccups all the time, especially Cookie. Well, all I have to do is stick my finger in their ear and wiggle it around a little and presto.... no more hiccups. Works every time.

Too bad that won't work on people... especially Shaun. Oh, he'd kill me if he knew I was writing this but that's his punishment for not taking part in this blog. *insert evil laugh*

Shaun rarely gets the hiccups, but when he does it's the funniest thing in the world (to me). I never heard him get hiccups until we'd been married at least 5 or 6 years. I remember the exact time and place it occurred too! Crossroads mall in Salt Lake City, Mervyn's store, 3pm. I was looking at slippers when all of a sudden ruuuuuuuuuuuuup. It didn't sound like a "normal" hiccup by any means although I guess I should consider the source. *giggle* It sounded more like a burp... a loud burp. I thought he burped but then he started freaking out saying we needed to go. Of course only he knew at that moment that they would get worse. In the meantime, as we are running for the exit, I'm laughing hysterically. So hysterically that I need to make a pit stop or wet myself. Oh my gosh I could only imagine the looks we'd have gotten if that had happened along with the Shaun's hiccups! So we make it to the car and then I'm about to puke because my stomach hurts so bad from laughing. By far one of the funniest days of my life. Since that day, I'd say he gets them once... maybe twice a year. And every time I laugh myself silly. He always feared getting hiccups in public like work, church, etc... Now I know why!

Ruuuuuuuuuuuup Ruuuuuuuuuuup Rrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppp.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear these "hiccups". You make them sound so hillarious!

    ReplyDelete