Saturday, February 13, 2010

Got Snow?

We do. If you'd like some I'd be glad to send you a few feet. It's pretty sad that we have more snow in Iowa than they have in Canada for the Olympics. Hah. Jeni... here are your pictures. They suck because it's so dark and gloomy here. But, you'll soon understand why I enjoy where I work (most the time).
This is the closest thing I have to a pretty winter picture. The sky turned blue for a brief moment and I almost forgot what that looked like. This is my backyard. The snow is about 4 feet deep in some spots.
This is what it normally looks like here. White, white, gray and white. Blah. It's no wonder so many people suffer from winter depression here!Snow from dog's perspective...How high the snow banks are on our road...
See what I mean by gray and white? Ick. That's why I love to go work here:
where even in dead winter things are alive, and even blooming. I love it and it's the only thing that keeps me sane in winter!

1 comment:

  1. You can keep your snow thank you! I feel cold just looking at your pics...ha! It is 65 degrees here today and I am actually looking forward to the heat of summer already. The greenhouse looks so warm and pretty though - I can understand why you love working there. Tell Shaun thank you for growing such beautiful flowers for us to enjoy. I will think of you guys this spring when I am hanging flowers from my front porch! Too bad they only live for about 6 weeks. By June they are usually scorched.

    ReplyDelete