Monday, February 22, 2010

I went to Hell today

There is a saying... "I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and I wouldn't want to see you everyday".

This sums up today. Not only did I work in Hell, but I was with a couple people whom I would have liked to tell "go to hell".

It started at 7:30 AM. An hour that doesn't normally exist in my world. There is only one 7:30 in my day and it's at night. ha ha. This is due to a sleeping disorder I've had since age 12 (Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder) which causes my internal clock to be shifted 5 hours later than the average person. My sleep time is from 4 AM to 11 AM. That's just the way it is. But, my supervisor is out on maternity leave and I am now supervisor for 4-6 weeks. Oh Joy.... NOT.

So, driving to work I hit a chunk of ice that the stupid caterpillar that plows our dirt roads conveniently left on the road. It ripped the plastic piece on the underneath of my front bumper off. Great. I get to work and find that 3 of my 4 workers are not there. Great. Two are at the medical clinic because their hands are itching, burning, and swollen. Great. This means that they are reacting to something at work... I guess a chemical of some sort. I tell my boss. He refused to believe that it's chemical (moron). I ask if they can wear gloves and he says "no, it slows them down". I say, "well, either they wear gloves and work slower, or they stay home and don't work at all because their hands fall off. Take your pick". I won.

Fast forward 2 hours. Monday's are typically Hell to begin with because it's shipping day. This year has been especially grueling because of weather. We've not been able to ship normal for 3 weeks now. Today was no exception. I have no problem working my butt off, but when I have to fix other people mistakes it ticks me off. One girl is a bit hair-brained and doesn't really care to begin with. She pulled 3 orders and then had to leave early. All three orders contained an error... error's that took me almost an hour to fix. Growl.

One of the girls with itchy hands finally came to work but was called by a teacher claiming her kid was sick so she had to leave. Then, the last remaining worker I have had a hose explode near her which created a mini 'Old Faithful' and drenched her from head to toe. I must admit... that made me laugh so hard I nearly wet myself. Could the day get any worse? Oh yes. My boss tells me that we have a couple "early" orders that need to be shipped Wednesday. Orders that need to be "spotted" (fixing trays of 288 plants so that the tray is completely full and uniform). The order is around 100 trays. It takes hours to spot that many trays. He conveniently tells me this at 5 PM. Moron.

Then I get home and have to type a 6 page paper for Shaun that's due tonight. Icing on the cake.

I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment