Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm calling in "dead" to work tomorrow...

My boss is killing me. He may as well just stab me and get it over with. PLEASE put me out of my misery! Ha ha. I swear the man has a more than a few screws loose. He's making me insane. My supervisor was supposedly going to be back to work yesterday after her maternity leave. However, she's taking one more week. I had made it this far and figured I could make it the rest of the way. WRONG.

So, there are two girls who I've been supervising who I have had problems with... 3 weeks ago. Since then, we've worked things out, they've gotten much better and despite the fact they were not the best we've had, they were better than nothing which is what I have now thanks to dipweed.

Friday, dipweed tells me that he told the two girls that layoffs were coming soon and if they didn't become more productive they most likely will be cut. Fine. I agree with that and most who go to work there know that this is usually how this industry works. However, dipweed failed to tell me the whole story. So, yesterday, the two girls were giving me stink-eye all day. I couldn't figure out why until someone (my supervisor who isn't even at work) informed me that dipweed had cut their pay also on Friday. My supervisor asked me "why" to which I responded, "I have no freaking idea".

So, I went and talked to them to find out what happened. They were so upset. I don't blame them after what they told me. They said dipweed told them they were going to get a pay cut because me and my co-supervisor told dipweed that they were not doing their jobs. Uh... I said that they weren't doing their job 3 weeks ago. He's a bit late. They've improved since then and he knew that. The killer is that the pay cut had already gone into affect and he cut them for the whole previous week plus 2 days. To me, that is WRONG. It's stealing. They worked under an agreement of a certain wage. If they want to cut their pay... fine, but give them warning first. They then informed me that unless they got their pay back, they would walk. I told them if I were in their shoes, I would do the same thing. So, today my co-supervisor and I went to the office today ready to make our case. We said, "we just received notice that the two girls are quitting Wednesday unless they get their pay back". Dipweed responds, "excellent".

*mouth hits floor*

Excellent? Excellent? Really? So, this was his devious plan all along to run them out? So, we proceed to tell him that we are entering the busiest week yet and we really need them whether they are perfect or not. We also told him that we didn't appreciate him not telling us the whole story and how he used us as the reason he gave them the pay cut because it's hard to manage people when they don't trust you. He didn't see the logic in that, though he doesn't seem to see logic... period.

So, I am now down two workers. Actually 3. One other lady is out with chest pains and they found a spot on her lung. She's waiting for pre-approval on her insurance to have a CT done. Dipweeds response: "Well she should go to the doctor anyhow even if she has to pay for it. She needs to get back to work". My response... "some people can't afford that. Millionaires tend to forget that". Bwuahahahahahaha. They have their heads so far up their 'you know what's' that they fail to realize that us 'poor' people can't afford $3,000 bills. *scream*

I've decided to show him just how much those two girls will be missed and I am NOT going to do one extra thing. If the job remains unfinished, so be it. I've lost all interest in the job at this point. My co-supervisor and I have decided this may be the final straw for us. We will ride out the rest of the busy season out of loyalty to our supervisor and promises we made, but after that... who knows. It's really sad because I love my job (or loved). That is up until a few weeks ago when dipweed had to act like he knows what he's doing. Obviously this is why he's never had a hand in this before... he screws it up.

Dipweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment