
I love living on a farm in the spring... well, most the time. Here are a few things that scream spring on a farm in Iowa. Some will be the same as other places, some different. Some good, others not so good. Pictures to follow for a few things listed.
- Calves are born
- Horses rolling in the dirt they haven't seen in months
- Baby sheep next farm down being so cute that they distract me so much I nearly run off the road (ha ha)
- Eagles soaring
- Robins returning
- Baby chicks for sale ($.99 each) at the farmers co-op and me having a hard time leaving empty handed. (ha ha)
- Bunnies are being scolded for eating my hollyhocks. *growls*
- Fighting barn cats. Some of them get quite loud in their screaching. Cracks me up.
- Everyone whips out the motorcycle and rides through town
- Even though it's still only 50 degrees, people are in shorts and tank tops. Hey, it's warm!
- Everyone drives with their windows down with radio up
- Dogs (including mine) hanging out the window
- Cars are washed
- Ice jams on rivers, people evacuated from floods
- Water flowing though my basement like a river
- Dairy Queen is the place to be
- Me going a little crazy buying flower bulbs (dahlia's, lilies)
- Cleaning up the flower beds and ending up with an inch of mud on the bottom of my shoes.
- FLIES! I hate it when the flies come out (worse on farm)
- Poop smell in the air. Farmers are spreading the good stuff. Ew.
- Every ladybug on the planet comes out of hibernation in my basement and then croaks.
My dogs LOVE hanging out the window... it makes them look so funny!

None of this water should be here....

Remember those ladybug's I mentioned. Here are the little carcasses before I sucked them up. Remember... this is just a corner of my basement! Plus, the water lines from the flooding. Good thing it's an unfinished basement!
Your blog looks so festive and Easter-y. I love spring! It's my favorite time of year. I was laughing at the thought of everyone wearing shorts & tanktops in the 50 degree weather. Funny. Here's how I know it's spring...I've eaten 8 or 9 full sized bags of Cadbury mini Easter eggs...Mmmmmm.
ReplyDelete