Friday at work, we were given some free plants to choose. So, I was walking around picking out my flowers when one greenhouse over there was a group of Hispanic guys all gathered around a little area with Mike (manager) standing there pointing. I then hear... "Get Darlene over here, she'll take care of it". So, I say, "what is it a toad?" The Hispanics are terrified of toads/frogs so whenever there is one around they freak out and I am the one to the rescue. Mike says, "Nope, not a toad, a snake... and a big one". I don't think he realized that I would be ok with that... I think he was being sarcastic (unless he's heard stories... ha ha).
Me: "SWEET"... and I go running over there. All the guys look at me like I've sprouted a tail. None of them would dare touch that snake. They thought that by moving trays around it would magically slither out of the greenhouse. Uh, no that will just tick it off. So, I jump right in and grab the darn things tail. I had no idea how big it really was until I pulled it out. It was a little over 3 feet long. All the guys backed up and were freaking out. Me: "Oh come on, haven't any of you watched 'Man vs. Wild'?" *silence* Mike is a big guy, and he was probably the biggest wuss of all of them. Ha ha. So, I proceeded to carry the snake to the door and let it slide away down the hill. I turn around to people staring with wide eyes and their mouths on the floor. Guess they've never seen a girl touch a snake before and not be afraid.
I was in instant celebrity, a goddess. Ha ha. The rest of the day all I heard was jibber jabber about me and the snake. Up until now, Vince was the only person who would get the snakes out (the greenhouses are in the middle of the farming fields so we get snakes a lot). I think I will be on that call list next time. Ha ha.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh boy. This is a great post. How does Shaun like being married to a goddess?
ReplyDeleteHe thinks I'm crazy. ha ha. He's afraid of snakes too... even the ones that are the size of a pencil. pansy.
ReplyDelete