By far, my favorite... must be because it's an iris. It's SO cute and only gets 4 inches tall! Dwarf Crested Iris.
Monday, May 10, 2010
My new obsession...
Everyone knows I'm obsessed with plants. Iris is my all time favorite followed by dahlias. There will be pictures of those later. Until then, this is my newest obsession... Native wildflowers. I'm obsessed. I've been collecting them for a while now but they are hard to get and harder to grow... especially in my acidic pine ridden backyard. Not all are the most beautiful flowers in the world, but they are unique.
By far, my favorite... must be because it's an iris. It's SO cute and only gets 4 inches tall! Dwarf Crested Iris.
Rue Anenome. Cute little thing.
Jack in the Pulpit. LOVE this plant. I've waited 3 years for this weird little bloom. They grow wild here in the woodlands of Iowa. Funky exotic looking plant.
By far, my favorite... must be because it's an iris. It's SO cute and only gets 4 inches tall! Dwarf Crested Iris.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I found some of those white little flowers in my neighbors front yard yesterday and had no idea what they were. They looked too pretty to be weeds and I couldn't imagine someone planting sporadic flowers in their grass. They're awesome, and cute. And I've only seen pictures of the Jack plant. So cool that they grow wild there.
ReplyDelete