Friday, November 19, 2010

One of those days...

Today was one of those days. You know, the kind that it doesn't take you very long to realize you should just go back to bed. It started when I was jolted out of my nice sleep by a stupid bluejay. Man I despise those birds. Next, upon standing up I stepped on a plug from the electric blanket and killed my foot. Then I go to fix breakfast and realized I was out of milk, eggs and bread. Lovely.

The only good thing so far about today was I didn't have to work. So, I decided to take the dogs out for a walk around the farm. Made the mistake of wearing my 'good' shoes and stepped in a big pile of doodie. Next I headed to work to pick up my check. I pulled out and headed down the dirt road that had just been grated with the tractors which meant a lot of loose gravel. This idiot was coming toward me in a truck, hauling a truck behind on a trailer going way too fast. I moved over to the side and he flew by me flinging rocks toward my windshield. BIG ROCKS. How one didn't shatter the windshield is beyond me. I'm amazed. Some did chip some paint off though. At that moment I confirmed I am my fathers daughter and released the mother load of swear words. He's lucky... very lucky that he didn't bust my windshield or I would have followed him and as Shaun would say, "opened a can of whoop ass" on him. Ha ha.

So, I got to work, opened my car door and there stood the biggest dog (lab) you have ever seen. It's the owners dog who loves me because I'm the only one who plays with him. He decided to grab my coat sleeve and about take my arm off 'playing'. I ran to the door of the greenhouse and opened it and he runs in. For the next 10 minutes I'm trying to get him out. Finally, I found his dog food bag and bribed him. I love bribery. Finally got my check and headed to the bank. As soon as I pulled out onto the dirt road and headed over a hill, there was this huge tree limb just sitting in the road. I Couldn't swerve in time so I went over it and it got stuck and dragged under the car. Lovely. So I got out and climbed under the car to break it up. Then I was dirty. I didn't care. Went to the bank anyhow and along the way laughed my butt off. At that point anything else that went wrong was comical.

After the bank I decided to not cook for fear of burning down the house or something so I stopped for pizza. I went to a 'take and bake' place and figured "oh there's only 2 people in there, this should be fast". NOT. The person first in line ordered 8 pizza's the second person ordered 10. Really? 40 minutes later I was on my way but had to pass the theater where everyone and their dog is seeing Harry Potter. Thought I was going to die in the crowd... narrowly escaped with my life and my pizza. Finally get home and went to cook the pizza and my oven wouldn't work. Good grief.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha, oh man, that sucks! Sorry, I can't control the giggles. I hope those kinds of days only come around once a year.

    ReplyDelete