I know I'm going to make a lot of people laugh with this one. Hah.
Have you ever broke out into tears in a farm feed store? Well I have, tonight in fact. I'd like to blame it on hormones but I can't. It's just the way I am. I went into the store to buy bird seed for the billions of finches, cardinals, doves, etc... that live in my backyard over winter. I'm standing there when I hear this "sqeeeeek, squeeeeek". I instantly knew it was a mouse. Their supply of bird seed was low exposing the pallets on the floor and I noticed glue trap cards all over the floor. Then I saw it. A baby little mouse stuck on a card trying with all its might to break free, bleeding and squealing.
My first thought was, 'how am I going to smuggle this little guy out of here so I can rescue it?'. Then I realized how stuck he really was and knew it was hopeless. So here I am bawling in the bird food section and asking God to take it quickly. Thank heavens nobody was there or I may have been dragged off the the mental ward. Hah!
Now, I know most people would say, "ew a mouse". But not me. I feel something for that little creature. Just ask my husband how crazy I am. I have nothing against people killing mice, especially in their homes... its their choice. We set traps in our own basement and catch multiple every fall. But if you are going to do it, please do it quickly for the mouses sake. Don't catch it on a glue card and make the poor thing suffer. It may just be a mouse, but it's a living thing that can feel. Shaun puts out glue cards in our basement for the spiders. If I ever catch a mouse on it I will do what I can to free the little thing. *hears laughing* Yah, Yah. Laugh it up. Hell, I laugh at myself. I have set free at least 6 mice and 2 snakes. Yes, snakes in the basement. That's what happens when you live on a farm. Cooking oil does wonders. ha ha! I have a hard time killing anything though, even spiders. Unless it's crawling up my leg, or is a dangerous spider, I usually let it be. Everything has a purpose... except mosquitoes, I mean really.
Though I think having a heart like mine is good as it makes me very caring and sympathetic towards all creatures, I also think it's a curse. I get attached too easily. I am a 'feeler' as some have labeled me. I feel energy. I feel it from people, animals, anything really... even tree's. Maybe I'm a hippie. Ha ha! I'm that person who rescues birds that fly into windows, dogs that get hit by cars, opossums that fall off their mama's backs while crossing the street (I did that in Michigan), etc... I have always been that way and most likely always will be. So pair feeling energy with being a naturally emotional person and it's a ticking time bomb. Hell, I cry at Hallmark commercials, and don't even get me started on Disney Movies. I bawled like a baby during Toy Story 3!
I despise people who trophy hunt. If you need/use it for the food, then I have no problem with that. But if you kill an animal just to take a picture of you with that dead animal to brag to all your friends, and then chop it's head off to hang on your wall as a trophy, then I do have a problem with that. Just my opinion of course. Still it's everyone's personal choice in life and I respect them for that. I just don't get it. Lets just say I wasn't so happy when I entered my bosses home and saw to my horror deer, bobcat, an exotic mountain goat from who knows where, and bear heads all over the house.
Though I love being the type of person who sees beauty in all creatures and believes they all are here for a reason, I feel like it's a curse when I can't even control my emotions while buying bird seed.
I blame my mother. She is the same way 100%. Hah!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment