I think there is someone else living in my house besides me and my husband and 2 dogs. I just can't see them. Since the day we've moved in this old farmhouse, strange things have happened. I've never felt uncomfortable though, so we stayed. I've been in some houses where I wouldn't stay the night if you paid me to. Usually I am the only one who notices these things, but even Shaun notices here. Some of the things that happen make me laugh, other things baffle me.
We hear strange noises. Weird bumps, knocks, etc... But the most common noise is from our attic. It sounds like the floor popping, as if someone is walking on it. Stairs lead from our living room up to the attic... which is really cool. Its filled with our landlords son's stuff (lots of collectibles). We didn't need the space so we told him he could just leave it there. We only go up there a few times a year to make sure everything looks normal (we once had birds getting in through an old window). The times we go up are the times we notice the activity, usually within a week or so. Anyhow, there is an old rocking chair up there. Its stood out from day one for me for some reason. It always sat up against the wall on the south side. The last time Shaun went up to check for birds (last fall), he suddenly called down to me saying, "you need to come up here". I thought there must be a bird he wanted me to catch. As I went up the stairs he was just standing there and said, "you didn't move the rocking chair did you?" As I turned around, the chair was in the freaking middle of the floor, about 8 feet from the wall. I looked at him and said, "your joking right?" The look on his face told me he wasn't. That was enough for me... I bolted down the stairs. We haven't been back up since. Ha ha.
Another strange thing happened around Christmas. I have these thin pole pines that I put in our bedroom around the holidays. The tops of the pines come off for easier storage. We came home from a late movie one night and found the top of one of the trees on the opposite side of the room. We just sat and looked at each other dumbfounded.
I've stopped trying to figure things out... now I just laugh wondering what will happen next. I heard a loud bang just an hour ago that sounded like someone ran into the wall. I have NO clue what it was.
Its not just our house that has strange things happen. It happens at work a mile down the road too with lots of witnesses. The feeling is different there though... I've always felt creeped out there at night. I never heard the stories though until last year. Some of the workers refuse to stay there after dark. They've all literally seen a bearded man that they all describe the same. Strange noises, doors slamming, one guy even had rocks thrown at him (inside the greenhouse) and when he turned around nobody was there. Its very weird, but it makes me curious as to the the history of the land, etc...
Wondering what will happen next...
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment