Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shoot me now...

I'm annoyed. For the last 2.5 weeks my stomach has been hurting and I've had heartburn that came out of the blue. I have NEVER had heartburn in my entire life. It burns way up into my throat and my stomach hurts... a strange pain. Not a stabbing sharp pain, but a gnawing pressure-like pain that is high in my stomach almost where my ribs meet. I went to the doctor and he said I may have developed GERD or have an ulcer. He's leaning towards ulcer. Lovely. So, he put me on some meds (acid blockers) and I had to alter my diet overnight. I can eat... nothing.

  • No alcohol. Now that's a struggle. KIDDING.
  • No caffeine.
  • No citrus or anything with a lot of citric acid (which includes tons of stuff)
  • No spices or spicy food
  • No fatty foods
  • No milk
  • No tomato products whatsoever
  • No CHOCOLATE

*dies*

Funny thing is, I thought chocolate would be what I miss most but its actually the tomato products. Practically everything I cook has tomato stuff in it. Plus, I LOVE Italian and Mexican food so I'm not very happy about that. I've been eating mainly bland things... rice, applesauce, toast, banana's, and chicken. Apple juice and chicken noodle soup have become my best friends. But, the pain continues. So, I have to go back to the doctor in a week and he may do a endoscope where they stick a tube with a camera down my throat and into my stomach to see if they can see ulcers or tumors. THANK HEAVENS I will be knocked out. If I wasn't, the doctor may find himself knocked out. Ha ha!

What I wouldn't give for a big bowl of homemade salsa and a chocolate bar bigger than my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment