But, by the time it was over, it blew every last one of my clematis blooms off the plants. I didn't like that. I have learned here that I have to enjoy every flower right when I first see it, because it may also be the last time I see it!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
LOVE part 2 and a crazy storm...
So I decided to go out yesterday and take pictures of another plant I love.... the clematis.
Ahhhhh. I love this plant. The blooms are mongo!
my newest plant is my new favorite. The color is amazing (this pic doesn't do it justice) and it is so vivid, it literally glows in the evenings.

So, its a good thing I did my picture taking yesterday because today we had the STRANGEST weather phenomenon I've ever seen. So I'm sitting on the sofa checking my e-mail when out of nowhere the wind picks up strong from the east (which is strange in itself since it rarely blows from the east). The tree's were bowing, but nothing unusual. Then, it stops dead and is calm as can be for about 5 minutes. I remember thinking, that was weird. Well, weird was just beginning. Suddenly the wind picks up again only this time from the west and blows twice as hard. Tree's start snapping with branches flying everywhere, lawn furniture from neighbors blowing down the pasture, the tree's across the road crack and break in two, etc. The house was literally popping and my ears hurt. I grabbed the dogs (who were sitting in the window) and headed to the basement. I had no idea what was going on... there were no warnings out. By the time I reached the stairs, it stopped again. Dead silent. I went outside and it looked like a tornado had come by. I spent the rest of the day picking up tree parts, etc... WILD. I liked it!! Ha ha!
But, by the time it was over, it blew every last one of my clematis blooms off the plants. I didn't like that. I have learned here that I have to enjoy every flower right when I first see it, because it may also be the last time I see it!
But, by the time it was over, it blew every last one of my clematis blooms off the plants. I didn't like that. I have learned here that I have to enjoy every flower right when I first see it, because it may also be the last time I see it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want to see one of these crazy storms on video. Think you can arrange that? You make them sound so exciting :) And I love the clematis too. I wish i could get mine to look as good as yours. There beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I would probably make people motion sick if I tried to video it because I'd be running for my life! Perhaps I'll try it sometime.
ReplyDeleteClematis are easy to grow here... they like the moisture and cooler temps. They would probably do better in Utah if they had part shade, especially during the hot part of the day. Also, put mulch around their base... they like their roots cool. :)