This was taken at 1:30am. The tornado warning area was on the left of the photo...
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Tracking storms
The last couple nights we've had tornado weather. Tonight we went to the basement at 12:30am. The radar indicated tornado was 6 miles to our north so it missed us but the winds got pretty wild there for a bit. The night before I went out with my camera because I like to photograph the lightning to track the clouds. Night tornadoes are more scary because you can't see them at all unless there is lightning.
This was taken at 1:30am. The tornado warning area was on the left of the photo...
We call these type of clouds 'dippers'. Usually if I see dippers, I go home because that means things are stirring up a bit. My car is not where I want to be.
So, I headed home, without any cool lightning shots. Bummer. Next time tornadoes come around, I hope its daytime! I really want a tornado shot (as long as its out in the field, and not plowing down my house)!!!
This was taken at 1:30am. The tornado warning area was on the left of the photo...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment