For the last month we've held onto hope for a job in Utah. It sounded really promising in the beginning but lately we're not sure. They've eliminated lots of people and Shaun is still on the list, but they continue to still talk to more people. I think they are trying to hire someone local or within, which is SO irritating. We've told them we'd pack up tomorrow if needed. But we can't wait forever. Last Friday, Shaun submitted a resume to a place out in Denver and by the next Tuesday they bought him a plane ticket to come out for an interview this coming Monday. He would have to go back to being a grower, which isn't exactly what he wants, but we're not sure what else to do at this point. We have to keep every option open.
The thought of moving to Denver literally makes me wanna throw up. Shaun's not to thrilled either. Prices are high there, and it's a busy, crowded place. YUCK. The news of the shooting at the Batman premier makes me wanna run the other way.... the theater is in the very town we'd possibly be living. There is no such thing as the country there. Even though we are not on the farm anymore, the place we live now is still out away from all the noise and crazy people of the city. It's safe and it's quiet (for the most part). I started thinking about all the things I'd miss leaving this part of the country and moving West. I won't miss Virginia in particular, but in terms of living east of the Missouri there are a lot of things I'll miss. It's a different world out here. There are so many critters that I love... frogs, fireflies, all sorts of bugs that sing overnight (not your typical crickets). It's GREEN, unlike the West. There are tree's everywhere and the tree's are still alive, unlike the West where the beetles have killed so many. I like being able to walk out my door and be in the woods. I don't have to drive hours to the mountains to find places to hike. The woods here are green and full of ferns, moss and mushrooms. I'll even miss the humidity (except for July/August when it's hard to breathe). The humidity makes it so we never have to use lotion or lip balm, and we never get bloody noses or dry hair. I love how it makes the tree's smell in the summer. There are certain pines here that give off a very strong scent during the moist evenings. I love the way it makes the woods smell. I love the way it creates a fog over the fields in the early mornings. I'll miss the storms! I crave thunderstorms and they are abundant in the Midwest/East. I'll miss being close to the ocean. I'll miss being able to drive through the farming country on the back roads from small town to small town. Out West it's hard to find towns that are individual towns separated by rural area. The towns out there just blend together. I'll miss the oldness.... there are homes here that are hundreds of years old and there are some pretty cool small towns with old antique shops and taverns.
It makes us sad to think how this job has turned out. We had such high hopes of moving here. It makes me sick to think how much his boss lied to get us to come here. What an idiot! I wish things were different, and we didn't have to think about moving again. I'm so tired of moving. But I guess we have to do what we have to do, and go where we have to go.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have been waiting and wondering. It would be nice if they wouldn't string you guys along! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can move back here...and if that's not the case, then at least get a good job in a place you guys can call home and feel comfortable and happy. :) :) Keep us posted!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brooke! We wish we could move back too! It's extremely frustrating to know where we wanna be but can't seem to get there. Hoping for miracle at this point. Ha ha!
ReplyDelete