Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Too close to home...

This morning when I opened my door to let my dogs out I saw about 7 cop cars lining the street.  This is a safe neighborhood so I stood there a bit puzzled.  I didn't see anybody so I wondered which house they were all in.  As I was standing there another couple cop cars pulled up.  The cops got out quickly and ran up our driveway.  They were holding assault rifles.  I quickly slammed the door and ran upstairs to see where they were going.  My first thought was either they were after a very bad person, or a large animal like a cougar.  They had gone to my neighbors house and there were many cops surrounding the house with guns pointed towards the entry points.  I yelled to the lady across the street, "what's going on?" She put her hands up and said she didn't know.

I needed to go pick up my mom but I didn't dare leave my house.  Cops running around with guns is not a normal thing in our neighborhood.  Ha!  I shouted out if I was safe to leave and a cop said, 'yes'. So I was outta there!  When I got home 3 hours later, the cops were still there.  I noticed something in the driveway that looked like a small garage door opener that was all black.  I asked a cop to come over and see if it was something of theirs and it turned out to be one of their body cameras.  Ha!  He's lucky I didn't run the bugger over.  He said they cost around a thousand bucks each.  Yikes.

Turns out our neighbor had been robbed and the cops showed up suspecting the robber was still in the house.  But, he was not.  The owner was up at his cabin and someone broke his back window and ransacked the house. The rumor is that the robber kinda made himself at home for quite some time. We wondered how the cops knew to go there since all us neighbors had seen or heard nothing and we lived right next door.  All they said was they received a 'tip'.  So we have no idea whether the neighbor on the hill behind his house saw something, or if the robber was bragging to someone and that someone reported him.  I wish they'd of caught him in the house.  I'd feel much better knowing he's off the streets.  But we also suspect the cops have a good idea of who they are looking for because they didn't speak to any of us neighbors like you'd think they would.  You'd think they'd ask, 'did you see or hear anything suspicious' or 'see a suspicious vehicle' or something.  Nope, Nada.

Our neighbor was notified and returned mid day.  He was allowed in briefly probably to notify them of what all was gone.  Then the forensics guy was in there for hours.  There must have been a bit of evidence to collect as long as he was in there.

All I know is I don't like the idea of this happening so close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment