Time is going too fast. So much has happened the last few months. Finally after weeks of taking my dad to the wound clinic we got his wounds healed. But no more than 3 weeks off from going he wacked his hand on the table and cut it open. The skin is so thin and weak when you get old, it doesn't take much to open a wound. So I've been working on getting that healed and finally after taking the bandages off today feel like I won. He's cooperating with his legs and letting me scrub them and we have to put the compression socks on him which is a daily workout. Those are buggers to get on.
The main change that happened a month ago was that Shaun's brother died. He lived with us and it's been awfully quiet since he's been gone. We don't know why he died. The autopsy was inconclusive. He was only 49. The only comfort was that he died in his sleep, listening to a ball game. We found him on a Saturday morning. His parents are having a tough time obviously. No one should have to bury a child.
I've been sick with the flu. This one was a bad one and today is the first day in a week I've had energy. The most I could accomplish on Monday was using the bathroom. That was even exhausting. I literally slept all day Monday, Tuesday and yesterday. I wasn't able to take my mom to the store or help them at all for fear of exposing them. That's the last thing I need is them getting the flu. I called my mom the other day to see if they were still ok on food. We ran through the list of things they usually get and they were ok on everything. But then my mom said, "I only have 5 cans of Mountain Dew left and that is SERIOUS!" Ha ha ha. So I ran a 12 pack up and sat it on their porch. They are so dang funny and getting funnier the older they get. They are generally doing well at 84/85 and I'm grateful for that.
Friday, May 15, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment