Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring has sprung... FINALLY!

Today was so beautiful. It finally hit the big 65! Iowa this spring is so much different than it was last spring. Last spring we were underwater... literally. It was non-stop rain and crazy storms that left all the fields so wet that farmers never got to plow until May. This year is unusually dry. We've hardly had any rain and that is weird. The farmers have been loving it though being able to plow their fields before they plant. After work I decided to snap a few pictures of what spring is like here. Pretty boring actually but anyway...
This is our landlord plowing under last years leftover soybean crop. This is the view from my backyard. I love to climb the huge tree in our backyard and just watch him plow... especially at night when all you can see is his lights and all you can hear is the hum of the tractor.












This is the main barn where the calves are born. This is where I spent LOTS of time.













Newbies to the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment