The critters have moved in. We have been invaded by many different creatures.
Dragonflies have literally taken over. I have never seen anything like it and according to people here, neither have they. Good think I think they are pretty cool. You can see what looks like a black wisp of smoke that is moving around and it's hundreds of dragonflies. I wish I could document this! It's amazing!
I've given up on my garden. The caterpillars are feasting and since they are cool looking, I'm letting them have their way.

A face only a mother can love? Well, I think it's sort of cute.

This will become a Black Swallowtail butterfly, so how could I squish it?

The monarchs are migrating. I love this time of year when I can go out in my yard and see sometimes 50 butterflies on one tree. It's remarkable.
Along with the cool comes the creepy...........

Species: Argiope auranti. Commonly known as the 'garden spider', 'corn spider', or 'writing spider'. This gal was WAY too close to my arm yesterday. I about had a freaking heart attack. They are harmless (other than a painful bite), but with their size and sheer creepy factor that's one spider I can do without. The only cool thing about them is the web they spin. It has a thick zig zag pattern down the middle that resembles a zipper. They are certainly artists. Artists that should stay far, far away from me. ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment