Monday, May 14, 2012

My head just may explode....

Moving is rough on people with allergies.  My mom tells me I was literally born with allergies.  In fact, before I left the hospital I had to have a thin wire stuck down my tear ducts to unclog them.  I grew up on Dimetapp and Triaminic.  I was allergic to the desert.  Then we moved to Utah and I progressed to Allegra or Claritin.  Still allergic to the desert, but in Utah we had the inversion which created terrible headaches for me.  I was always sick with a cold or something too.  Seems like people in Utah are always getting colds, pneumonia or bronchitis.  Bad air.

Once we moved away from Utah to Michigan, my allergies seemed to get better and I never got sick with colds much anymore.  The humidity seemed to help a bit.  Iowa was ragweed heaven and the farm brought a whole new bunch of problems... hay and mold.  But it was manageable without daily meds, still no headaches, and I rarely got sick.  Moving here has been tough on my allergies once again.  I'm hoping it will become easier once spring is done.  Going from no trees to the forest hasn't helped, and though pretty, the wildflowers are not helping either.  But I think the biggest problem here is that we've gone back to carpet.  I hate carpet!  My allergies were better in Michigan and Iowa because we had hardwood.  I'd like to rip the crap out.   I can deal with sneezing, but my ears are so stuffy that I feel like my head may explode. 

Here are some reasons my head may explode.  These pictures suck, because I took them from the car...
Yellow wildflowers
Purple fields of flowers

The roadsides are lined with blooming tree's
Wisteria on steroids!!  Smelled lovely
Hah-Choo.

No comments:

Post a Comment