Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Never a calm moment...

I can't believe I've been home 5 months!  It's been so good to be back, but things just don't ever seem to calm down.  I've not had one moment to really settle in and be 'happy' about things.  I feel like I constantly  have something or someone to worry about.  For once, I want to just have to worry about myself.  Gosh that sounds so selfish, but I tend to be the type to neglect myself for others.  That's not always bad, until you really need to think of yourself.

My sister had a terrible thing happen to her.   She had had emergency gallbladder surgery a couple months ago.  It was a long process of sickness but she finally started to feel better.  Her boss decided to pull a nasty stunt and after she had returned from medical  leave (FMLA) they fired her.  They made sure she was fully released from her doctor so they wouldn't get in trouble with the law.  They showed up at her HOUSE to do it.  I cannot get over how unprofessional and RUDE that was. They gave her the reason of 'poor job performance'.  Really?  She'd been there nearly 3 years and was never told she wasn't doing her job.  However, before her surgery, when she was really sick and missing work going to doctors, they did threaten her that they'd fire her if she missed more work.  How pathetic.

So I want everyone to know how much I think GENERAL RV in Draper Utah is a piece of CRAP.  Crap is putting is nicely too.  So now she is without work, with medical bills mounting, no insurance and no income whatsoever.  She is going to lose her house and everything.  So, I've been busy trying to help her find work, which in this day and age is a chore, especially if you've been fired.

Then I got sick with the flu on New Years despite getting the flu shot in October.  I've not been this sick in a very long time.  Actually, I don't think I've had a cold in about 3 years.  But now that I've moved back to Utah, dealing with the poor air quality here is terrible.   I had an asthma attack last week that sent me to the clinic.  I've not had one that bad ever, and it really scared me.  No matter what I would do, I could not get air in.  I really thought I would die.  The doctor then diagnosed me with the actual flu and also a secondary sinus/ear infection.   He said if I hadn't had the shot, I'd likely have been admitted to the hospital.   He sent me home with a large dose of antibiotics and an inhaler for future use.  He said, "welcome back to Utah".  Hah!

So I've been trying to take care of myself, but it's difficult with so much uncertainty surrounding my sisters situation.   I need a vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment