Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I was 'that' close!

Every once in a while we will buy a powerball lottery ticket at the gas station on our "tasty beverage" run. I bought one Friday night for Saturday's lottery drawing. Of course I wasn't really expecting to win... I wasn't expecting anyone to win really. Then I was shocked to hear that someone did win (not the 130 million but 1 million) from Saturday's drawing. They didn't have the last number right so they didn't get the full amount. Well, I figured it was in another state like it usually is. Then at work someone says that it was from town. My ears perked up. Then on the news I see it was a guy who bought a ticket from the same gas station I did on the same night I did. WHAT??? Holy crap, I was that close! DISTURBING. Hah ha!

My mind flashes back to the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" where it explains the concept of 'fate' when Daisy gets hit by the car. They go on to explain how if Daisy had perhaps not stopped to tie her shoe, or if the driver that hit her would have gotten out of bed on time because his alarm didn't malfunction, etc... the time line would have been changed. Perhaps then she would not have been hit by the car because the two elements (her and the car) wouldn't have matched up in time any more. So.... perhaps if I hadn't stopped to pee and buy that cherry coke I'd of been in line before him to get that ticket. Hah!

Curse my bladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment