Sunday, July 12, 2009

Only in Iowa?

So I went to the local town of Laurel today to pull weeds at the only church in town. I think it's a Presbyterian church. My boss hired me to weed and maintain his church and the business display gardens once a week. So, since it didn't rain today I decided to go get it over with and while there observed a couple things that I found hilarious.

1. Evidently, you can own a minature horse and keep him on your lawn. There was a family across the street from the church having a cookout. I hear the mom yell, "Jimmy, move the horse... the grass is getting long over here". Of course that got my attention and I looked over and saw this little horse chained up like a dog. Cutest thing ever, but strange as well. LOL! Beats a goat I guess. Can you say 'redneck lawnmower'? Ha ha ha.

2. Evidently a normal roof on your house is just too plain dull. I noticed the house on the edge of town bordering the corn fields had decided to cut the top off a silo and stick it on top of his house for a roof. Um, yah. Talk about a double take! I practically ran off the road. I MUST get a picture next time I'm over there. I can't even begin to imagine how loud that sucker must be during a hail storm. Heh.


There you go Charity... two more reasons to pack your bags. I know you're dying to have a horse as a lawn mower. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh you know it! Could you imagine Dave whining about cleaning up after a horse?! It did create a fun mental picture of redneck Iowa. I'll be hearing "Jimmy, move the horse!" in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete