Monday, October 11, 2010

Now that was a trip!

What a vacation. It was perfect. Nice weather, blue skies, beautiful scenery. I think I'll do what I did last year and do a run down of each day. That way, this post won't be a novel.

Day one was spent driving up through Wisconsin and into upper Michigan. That was it. Day two we spent visiting places we'd seen before, but never get tired of.

Miners Castle. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Michigan
Miners Beach. This time of year, it's usually cold walking on the beach there. But it was in the 70's and so beautiful we spent a lot of time just sitting on the beach.
Lake Superior has the most beautiful colored water.
It also has the most clean water.
Believe it or not, this is actually not the nicest color Michigan gets. This was about a week late for peak color, but it was still amazingly beautiful.
More tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment