Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monsters...

There is only one thing that will prevent me from setting foot in my garden. I HATE this time of year. I went out to cut off some bloomed out plants, and walked through a web that was spun from my pine (cropped up to 5 1/2 feet) down to the grass. You never see them until it's too late. Based on the strength of the web I knew what was living in it. Nothing makes me FREAK out like thinking one of these puppies is crawling on me...
Eeeek! I get the chills just looking at the picture. They are monsters well over an inch in size. I can handle a lot of things but this thing gives me the creeps! Thank heavens they are only in the garden around the end of August/September. I avoid my garden like the plague during that time.

Everything seems bigger in the fall. I went out to pick some tomatoes yesterday and discovered one plant was gone. GONE! This monster was to blame. I've never seen a tomato hornworm until we moved here. They get my tomatoes every year. Lucky for him/her, the weather forecast is terrible, and we may freeze this week. So, I just let him munch away. I'm so nice.
So, I will leave my garden to the monsters for now. We are headed to Michigan for another job interview this weekend. This will be his 3rd interview with this particular place. We leave Thursday night after work, drive all night, have the interview at 1pm Friday and then turn around and drive home. We may stay there Friday night and sleep (I'm hoping) but there is another place that wants to interview him here on Saturday or Sunday. If it's Sunday we'll get sleep... if its Saturday, we won't. I'm tired already. But.... we do what we have to do.

The hurricane delayed the job process for the place we went to in Tennessee so we have to wait at least another 10 days to find out for that one. That sucks, because it's been 2 weeks since the interview and as time goes on, they forget things. It's better to be on the tail end instead of in the beginning. Oh well, nothing we can do about that. This whole situation is teaching me patience and I'm learning to take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment