Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Wating Game part 2

I'm trying to be patient, I really am. But if it's a "no" I'd rather just know and get it over with. We went to Michigan for an interview over the weekend. Like I said before, it was his 3rd interview with this place. The interview went 3 hours (longer than planned). We hope that's a good sign. However, they still have 3 more to interview (for a 3rd time) so it's not a done deal.

It was really strange going back to Michigan. I felt extremely calm there, the way I felt when I lived there once before. The place he'd be working was nice and out in the country. The area was a lot like where we lived before, only on the opposite side of the state. The people were nice, and seemed to be very laid back... much like our previous boss we had in Michigan (best boss ever). We were told today by one our our co-workers (that we gave them as a reference) that the company had called the day after the interview. We hope that is a good sign too because if they didn't like him after the 3rd interview, why would they bother checking references.

We really want this to work out. Even though we are moving in the wrong direction, at this point we will go wherever we are meant to go. That is how I have to look at this whole thing. If we are meant to go to Michigan, he will get the job. Same with Tennessee. If nothing works out then I guess we are meant to keep looking and suffer here a little more. HA HA HA! Gotta keep my humor.

On a funny side note, as we were driving home from Michigan, we were near Chicago when our phone rang and a fellow employee told us he just gave his notice because he had found a better job. We laughed our butts off because we'd known he was looking for months, and the way our boss operates is that he thinks everyone there is easy to replace. Sure, some are. But others, no way. This guy will be very hard to replace and I think they are already seeing that. They called him and asked him to reconsider. They guy said, "heck no". He thinks the same things about them that we do (along with everyone else). This place has MAJOR problems. He told us that he thinks their ethics are screwed up, and they are. He gets sick of them not practicing what they preach, and so do we. We are SO happy for him... he's a great guy who deserved more and now he got it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something good will come our way too because Shaun is also a good guy who deserves more.

No comments:

Post a Comment