Shaun is stuck in Atlanta with a delayed flight. He called to tell me he was regretting that crab cake he tried because the guy interviewing him wanted him to try it. HA HA HA! Shaun hates seafood. He must REALLY want this job. Anyhow, he spent the day at the office yesterday and met everyone. Today he had to take some tests to test his math skills and ability to figure out the amount of chemicals etc... the customer would need. He got all but one right, and the one he got wrong the owner couldn't even figure out. Ha ha. The last question he asked Shaun was to name every person he'd met since he arrived. I would have FAILED that since I'm horrible with names. Shaun aced it of course. The owner actually called me yesterday and put me and Shaun on speakerphone. He told me to ask questions and let him know of any concerns I had. I had plenty of both. My concern is we would be moving to a very expensive place (Washington DC area) and our income would be going down. He assured me that he would be making over what he is now within two years, provided Shaun is good at sales. He was a nice man to talk to and I liked the fact he was very open.
I asked Shaun how he felt and if he thinks it will happen. He's not sure. This man has been burned before with two previous hires and he said he cannot afford to make another mistake. One guy only stayed 9 months before leaving for another job. The other got fired for falsifying sales reports. He said he knows Shaun would not be a mistake as far as honesty, hard work, dedication etc... because he could tell from his work experience, schooling, and from our references that he is all of those. His only concern is if Shaun has the ability to make that extra sale. I told Shaun he needs to take that as a compliment, because salespeople are usually annoyingly rude and pushy. HAH!
So, we should know by this week sometime. We both are of the opinion that if it's a "no", it will be sad, but not that sad since we would really have to scrape in order to make the move. Plus, they would not cover relocation, and we'd have to take a trip to find somewhere to live, etc... That would take a lot of money. We know things here are going to get worse, but we don't want to move (especially farther East) just for the sake of having a job and not be able to support ourselves. Then we'd be back living with family anyhow. We may as well stay here and ride it out because I have my job, and we live in a house with a landlord that will let us stay no matter what. You won't find that anywhere else.
Time will tell...... In the meantime, my ulcer is flaring and I'm trying not to freak out. Ugh.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment