Thursday, December 8, 2011

KARMA...

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it! My life is a freaking soap opera. I got a call from Vince, one of the growers back at Swifts (work) in Iowa, and he informed us that Kenny, the guy they hired to take Shaun's job, who was due to start working there in a mere 2 weeks, BACKED OUT of the deal. Seriously? I couldn't believe it. He had gone into work a few days ago, told them he'd changed his mind and was going to grad school instead. They were furious with him, and told him that if anyone asks for a reference in connection to his internship with them, that they wouldn't be nice. Do they really think they are that powerful? Please.

They even tried to make him feel guilty by telling him that they had an employee move to the east coast because of his decision to take the job. What weasels! That kid had NOTHING to do with us leaving and had NO idea of any of this crap. They are the ones responsible for that. They pushed us out and left us no choice. They were the ones who decided that if the kid accepted the job we were out... it was their choice. I'm glad he didn't ruin his life by working there. If he had decided to go to grad school while working there, the same thing would have happened to him that happened to us.

When I first heard the news I was angry. I bawled my eyes out. All of this mess could have been avoided had they just listened to us but instead they kept pushing. We'd still be living there, still have jobs, everything would be fine. It was all for nothing. This very well may ruin us financially but we felt we had no choice but to take this job since they told Shaun he'd be cut as soon as Kenny came on and this was the first job we found in 5 months.

But then, I got the giggles because it's just too darn ironic. Kenny accepted the job back in August and was to begin once done with college. He strung them along for months as a back up plan in case he didn't get into grad school for the new year. Then he'd at least have a job until he re-applied the following year.

Ironic how they got rid of Shaun, a perfectly loyal and good employee, because of his decision to go to grad school and replaced him with a kid who screwed them over to go to grad school. Swift's played us. Kenny played them. What goes around comes around. Karma's a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment