I can't believe we've only been here 3 weeks now. It feels like forever since we moved. I find myself just closing my eyes, trying to remember what people's faces looked like, what my house looked like, what my backyard view looked like. I miss it so much. It's the little things I'm noticing I miss the most.
I miss my cupboard space. Ugh... this tiny kitchen drives me MAD.
I miss the sound of the tractors in the morning.
I miss seeing the cows out my kitchen window. I miss Ferdinand, the bull.
I miss my squirrels that would make me laugh everyday.
I miss the hum of my furnace when I fall asleep.
I miss seeing the stars so bright I felt like I could reach out and grab one.
I miss the wide open view.
I miss the smell of the greenhouses.
I miss seeing my neighbor raise his American flag.
I miss the waves from strangers as I drive down the road.
I miss the jolly wave of our landlord as he goes by to feed the cattle.
I miss my double kitchen sink and the awesome pullout faucet I had. (hah!)
I miss my hardwood floors (carpet is not allergy friendly).
I miss the long dirt road.
I miss my barn cat (never thought I'd say that).
I miss being able to let my dogs run free.
But mostly, I miss the people. It makes my day when I get an e-mail or text from them. But then I sit and cry. I had a break down moment today when I went to the store. It's rainy and humid here so I turned on the air in the car to de-fog the windows. Since we lived on a dirt road in Iowa, the dirt smell remained whenever we turned the air on and we used to hate it. Today that smell of dirt whisked me back in time to a place I love so dear. I bawled all the way to the store over a stupid smell. I now LOVE that smell! I hope my car continues to smell like Iowa dirt forever!
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment