Oh the things you learn AFTER you move somewhere. We finally got our phone book (it only took them a bloody month). I noticed immediately a white tab sticking out of the side with the word "emergency" on it. I figured it was the traditional numbers for the police station, 911, etc...
Nope. It was an emergency plan of action for the nuclear power plant. Um what? Yah... come to find out there is a nuclear power plant 12 miles from us. Lovely.
Then, I wondered why the kids are being dropped off from school around 5 at night and why I see gobs of school buses on Saturday too. Well, evidently the earthquake that happened in Virginia last summer destroyed the schools. They said the epicenter was right here in town. So, the kids all go to one school now and alternate days (including Saturdays) and have to go extended hours until the school is rebuilt. Perhaps that's why I feel I go uphill when I walk through my bedroom door. Haha!
So it looks like I've traded tornado's and ice storms for earthquakes, hurricanes, and nuclear power plants. I'd rather brave the tornado's and ice storms. At least they were fun and exciting to photograph!!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment