I haven't really laughed in over a month now. Not much to laugh about. But last Sunday while at church, I got the giggles. Our branch here is very small. Well, there are over 300 members but only about 60 show up. It is the most diverse group of people I've ever seen. Many are converts, which I like. I like to hear their stories. Many of the women wear pants to church... which is new to me.
There is a family who has a very special needs boy. I think he's about 15, but mentally is about a 6 year old. He's adorable. He's constantly yelling out, or banging his fists on the benches, etc... He gets his loudest during the songs, which he seems to enjoy. We were sitting on the back row with our neighbors (the missionaries). The boy had been reasonably quiet during this meeting, other than a few taps and hums and it seemed strange. However, that was about to change.
Right after the sacrament, there was a long, very silent pause, and then we heard... "HEY YOU GUYYYYYS!". He had broke his silence, and did it in the most hilarious way! Now anyone who has seen the movie, "The Goonies" knows that line, and knows it well. He yelled it flawlessly, just like in the movie. His parents were mortified, but everyone found it amusing in a great way. Me and the missionaries got the giggles, because it was just too awesome. It was hard to regain our composure after that. Thank goodness we were on the back row.
It felt good to laugh.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment