Thursday, June 10, 2010

Iris... oh how I love thee...

Last year I did 'bug of the month' posts. I think this year it will be flower (or garden) of the month. However, I may not be able to just limit myself to posting flowers only once a month. Ha ha. My favorite flower in the whole world is the Iris. The only bad thing is they just don't last long enough. But when they are in bloom, all is right in the world.

I have many types in my yard thanks to my Uncle Rich in Utah who is the master at growing Iris. A couple years ago when I went home to visit, he gave me a bag of over 100 starts. I was thrilled to say the least!!
I am the ONLY house on our road (or any road locally) to have flower gardens. Farmers don't have time to plant flowers. Ha ha. I constantly get people commenting on our yard. I'm a little obsessed.
My neighbor across the street is begging me to plant a display garden in his yard now. I told him I'd be glad to. So, come August I will divide my uncle's Iris and spread the love over to his yard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment