Friday, June 18, 2010

Shazzzammm (Part 2)

I forgot to post this earlier. We found where the lightning hit and it totally explained why it sounded like an explosion when it happened. It struck one of the tallest trees on the property up towards the top, went down through the tree and blew out the bottom. So, the tree exploded. I kept finding stray pieces of wood in my yard but couldn't figure out where it was coming from until I explored a bit more. Some of the wood was at least 100 feet away. My neighbor that's also on our property said it broke a window in his house as well as knocking things off the walls. I think the tree better be cut down. It's now leaning a bit. If not, the next wind storm will surely blow it down. Good thing is, nothing is in it's direct path.

1 comment:

  1. It's sad that you'll probably lose that beautiful tree but totally awesome that you got pictures! That tree looks wicked awesome! I do feel bad for your neighbor's window however. I still think you guys are really lucky that no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete