This post is brought to you by the letters 'S' and 'Z'. These two letters are sometimes the ONLY thing that will get my dogs attention. They are funny little creatures. I have two that are polar opposites.
Cookie or "S"

Cookie is my content dog. She is perfectly happy sitting on the back of the couch and looking out the window all day. She likes to bark at the cats and act tough though she's not. Cookie is my little airhead. She sometimes gets so distracted that she runs into walls. If dogs can have ADD then she most likely does. Ha ha. She is also the comedian. She keeps us laughing all the time, which is good since she's also my troublemaker. Oh boy is she a troublemaker. She is selectively smart. She knows what is a "No No" and she knows that the only time she can do a "No No" is when I'm either gone, in the bathtub, or on the phone. She has a huge toy box filled to the brim but it's my "toys" that she loves. Whenever I'm in the tub, I can almost guarantee that when I get out that my collectible figurines will be pulled off my bottom display shelf onto the floor. She rarely knows her name. I can scream her name till the cows come home and she never pays any attention. But, if I simply make the sound 'SSSSssssss' she perks right up and I have her attention. Her name is now Ssssssss. ha ha.
Gizmo or "Z"

Gizmo is my smarty pants. I swear she is smarter than I am and often times she lets me know that. ha ha. She is my wild child and builds up her energy to the point of explosion if you don't play with her or take her out for a walk. She is also my sweetheart and loves to snuggle. She is a freaking alarm clock and if I do not feed her at exactly the same time each day (and I mean to the exact minute) she will sit down in front of me and let me have it. Bark, Bark, Bark. She is queen. She is very demanding and learns very quickly. However, though she knows her name well, there are times such as when she is barking for me to get her food that she simply doesn't listen to me saying, "Stop it Gizmo". She wants what she wants when she wants it. The only thing that will make her stop is the letter "Z". She hates it. We can't say any word with the letter "Z" in it without her freaking out. ha ha. I think it's associated with the word "Buzz" for when we shave her in the summer. She hates being buzzed. So, if she ticks me off all I do is go "Zzzzzzzz" and it shuts her up. Ha Ha... I think I'm still a bit smarter afterall.
No comments:
Post a Comment