Monday, June 21, 2010

Shazzzammm (part 3)...

If there is one thing I LOVE about Iowa, it's the wild weather this time of year. Put a camera in my hands and I love it even more. Friday night we were under a tornado watch and tornado skies are pretty cool. This one was one I had not seen before...Saturday night (well, actually 1am this morning) there was a very strong lightning storm moving through town about 10 miles away. It was the perfect storm... for photographing that is. No rain, frequent lightning, at least 10 miles away. I was watching radar and saw it heading towards town so I grabbed my camera and headed to the parking lot at work. I prefer to be in my car, rather than standing in my cornfield with a tripod in case lightning does strike (not that I'd be any safer, but at least I feel safer Ha ha). I have been trying to catch lightning forever but without much luck... always raining. This time I hit the jackpot...I can't wait for the next storm!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck, how do you do that?! You make it look so easy! Those shots are beautiful and the clouds are amazing. I love clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... lots of experimenting. I need a different camera to be able to do what I really want to do. I never use the auto setting. I always use one of the manual settings on my camera and set the shutter speed and aperture myself. Some pictures work, some don't. Still learning :)

    ReplyDelete