We got there at sundown but we decided to drive through part of the Gettysburg Military park. I knew right away I didn't like it, but Shaun didn't until after we got into it a mile or two. The whole time I was at Gettysburg, my stomach was in knots and upset. I get this way when I'm in area's where a lot of death has occurred. I sense emotion and chaos, whether present or past. Some say it's a gift, and at times it is... but other times I don't like it one bit. I DID NOT like driving through there at night. It creeped me out royally and even Shaun got a bit freaked. LOL! It was dark, damp, fog rising off the road and among the tree's, and the only thing you could see in the headlights were statues that looked all too eerie. Gettysburg is said to be one of the most haunted places in the USA... I believe it.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Vacation Day 2
Day 2 we drove from Columbus, Ohio to Gettysburg Pennsylvania. After two days of driving, we were happy to finally be there as you can see...
Plus, we obey signs...
As soon as we crossed into Pennsylvania we knew this was somewhere we could live. It's beautiful there and we both loved it. We took a winding road through the top elevations and back down again to Gettysburg and little did we know were in for some unusual weather. It had been raining since we left Iowa and it was SO cold for that time of year. We were in a nor'easter. While passing the top elevation (which isn't that high) I looked out the window and was horrified to see ICE on the tree's. It was the beginning of an ice storm and we have been in enough of those to know we didn't want to be on the roads. Luckily we got to lower elevations in time. That night, that very road was closed due to heavy snow. Phew.
We got there at sundown but we decided to drive through part of the Gettysburg Military park. I knew right away I didn't like it, but Shaun didn't until after we got into it a mile or two. The whole time I was at Gettysburg, my stomach was in knots and upset. I get this way when I'm in area's where a lot of death has occurred. I sense emotion and chaos, whether present or past. Some say it's a gift, and at times it is... but other times I don't like it one bit. I DID NOT like driving through there at night. It creeped me out royally and even Shaun got a bit freaked. LOL! It was dark, damp, fog rising off the road and among the tree's, and the only thing you could see in the headlights were statues that looked all too eerie. Gettysburg is said to be one of the most haunted places in the USA... I believe it.
We got there at sundown but we decided to drive through part of the Gettysburg Military park. I knew right away I didn't like it, but Shaun didn't until after we got into it a mile or two. The whole time I was at Gettysburg, my stomach was in knots and upset. I get this way when I'm in area's where a lot of death has occurred. I sense emotion and chaos, whether present or past. Some say it's a gift, and at times it is... but other times I don't like it one bit. I DID NOT like driving through there at night. It creeped me out royally and even Shaun got a bit freaked. LOL! It was dark, damp, fog rising off the road and among the tree's, and the only thing you could see in the headlights were statues that looked all too eerie. Gettysburg is said to be one of the most haunted places in the USA... I believe it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment