Monday, November 23, 2009

Vacation Day 6

We spent the whole day exploring N. Carolina. I loved it there. My friend at work, Mindy, used to live there and when I got home, I told her she must have a screw loose to move back to Iowa. LOL! We went to a place called Grandfather Mountain. This is where there is a mile high suspension bridge. I took one look and said, "Um... NO WAY". I don't mind heights as long as I am on a sturdy, safe surface. Somehow a swinging bridge a mile up doesn't seem too sturdy. So, I watched Shaun cross and then decided to conquer my fear and give it a go. I was fine until half way across when the wind picked up and it began to swing. I then ran the rest the way. LOL! I wasn't too happy to have to cross it again but it was the only way.
Me and 'Cookie' on Grandfather Mountain.An awesome eagle we saw at Grandfather Mountain.Gizmo on one of the numerous hikes we took. She LOVES traveling... especially if hiking is involved.
We drove across Linn Cove Viaduct. It was the last part of the parkway to be built. It is an engineering marvel.
While driving the Linn Cove Viaduct, I felt like I'd fall off the side at any moment. The road literally hung off the edge of the mountain. It was pretty cool.Linnville Falls, one of the many we would see in the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment